[csw-maintainers] [csw-buildfarm] Request to install tun

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sat Apr 6 19:53:32 CEST 2013

Hi Yann,

Am 06.04.2013 um 19:46 schrieb Yann Rouillard <yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org>:

> Hi Dago,
>
> Well, I have been working on it the past few weeks and it will probable take another two.
> However, I would prefer if you would apply the patches needed for openssl 1.0 compatibility.
>
> Great !! I am doing this right now !
>
> The same is probably true for the other packages. Lets bump to latest.
>
> Well I don't agree, I am not ready to tackle the new bugs that might get introduced. If a package doesn't work anymore because of the update, I might not be able to fix it quickly which would not be good for our users.
> I only bump if I know the software and I am ready to take ownership.
>
> Even rebuilding the current version takes a lot of time because the environment changed and some don't have recipe. I am trying not to mix problem and just work here on the ssl upgrade.
>
> But with some help, that would change the deal ! :)
>
> I can help working on the other parts of the packages. What is left?
>
> All the packages not striked on http://wiki.opencsw.org/project-openssl
> I've already sent you an email concerning yours.
>
> Which one on the list would you be interested in working ?

nmap is really hard and needs porting. I suggest dropping it or taking a real stab.
no idea about openvpn.

I already updated nginx some time ago.

pound is in the works.

gadu is hell, docs and support are only available is some slavic language I can't understand.
Maybe Juraj can help?

Jürgen worked on monit AFAIK.

bitlbee has made a major bump and it took ~20 patches for the previous version
to actually compile on Solaris. I suggest dropping it.

I could do libarchive.

libcurl3 can now be dropped that acroread has been fixed.

Can you take over libfbopenssl? It is more your focus IMHO.

I could do the others on my list.

conserver was hard last time I looked.

I took a stab on James' fetchmail but never finished it.

ntp would be nice to have in GAR, but would take some effort.

ntop is probably hard, probably as hard as nmap.

gimpprint can be dropped IMHO.

dsniff doesn't work on newer versions on Solaris unfortunately.