[csw-maintainers] Non-Maintainer Uploads (NMUs)

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Aug 10 23:13:50 CEST 2013

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> writes:
>
>> There would still be a discrepancy between pkginfo and pkgdb.
>
> Can you explain this in more depth please?

Currently, csw-upload-pkg and pkgdb code backing that are using the
metadata stored directly in the package to determine the value of the
maintainer.

We could override this with a flag as you're suggesting but if someone then
installs the package they'd have the pkginfo file containing information
that is a mismatch with the website view.

This isn't a deal breaker by any means but I think we can do better. I'm
proposing that the override happens earlier (in GAR) so that pkgdb can be
ignorant of it entirely.

The down side of doing it with GAR is implementing a nice mechanism for the
user to specify the maintainer (different than the current packager).

Thanks
-Ben

> --
> Peter

Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness,
truth, beauty and wisdom will come to you that way.

-Christopher Hitchens