[csw-maintainers] checkpkg signals a misterious dependency for TeXLive and it's right

pfelecan pfelecan at opencsw.org
Thu Feb 14 10:43:37 CET 2013

TeXLive has many packages. One of them is
texlive_latex_extra_binaries, which contains architecturally
dependent files and some symbolic links toward them; the
texlive_common is a package containing only architecturally
neutral files and is the result of the "reminder" files, i.e.,
everything not in specific packages is in it...

However, I get:

RUNTIME_DEP_PKGS_CSWtexlive-common += CSWtexlive-latex-extra-binaries
If any of the reported errors were false positives, you can override
them
pasting the lines below to the GAR recipe.
CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWtexlive-common +=
missing-dependency|CSWtexlive-latex-extra-binaries

Dependency issues of CSWtexlive-common:
CSWtexlive-latex-extra-binaries is needed by CSWtexlive-common,
because:
- symlink contains a CSWtexlive-common (u'/opt/csw/bin/bg5+latex')
which
needs the target file: '/opt/csw/bin/gbklatex'.
- symlink contains a CSWtexlive-common (u'/opt/csw/bin/bg5+pdflatex')
which needs the target file: '/opt/csw/bin/gbkpdflatex'.
RUNTIME_DEP_PKGS_CSWtexlive-common += CSWtexlive-latex-extra-binaries

But the incriminated files are all part of the
texlive_latex_extra_binaries:

PKGFILES_CSWtexlive-latex-extra-binaries		+=	/opt/csw/bin/bg5+latex
PKGFILES_CSWtexlive-latex-extra-binaries		+=	/opt/csw/bin/bg5+pdflatex
PKGFILES_CSWtexlive-latex-extra-binaries		+=	/opt/csw/bin/gbklatex
PKGFILES_CSWtexlive-latex-extra-binaries		+=	/opt/csw/bin/gbkpdflatex

Effectively, we have in the texlive_comon prototype:

s none /opt/csw/bin/bg5+latex=gbklatex
s none /opt/csw/bin/bg5+pdflatex=gbkpdflatex

and in the texlive_latex_extra_binaries the symbolic links are missing.

 From whichever point I look at the recipe,
http://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/texlive/trunk/Makefile,
this stays a mystery for me. The only cue is that checkpkg is right and
mgar wrong...

I gratefully thank in advance those who help solving this puzzle.