[csw-maintainers] pkgcheck phase is failing

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Jan 7 16:23:23 CET 2013

2013/1/7 pfelecan <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
> and the explanation is that in the turmoil I left binaries in the in place
> replacements rules (REINPLACE) which is a no no...

So checkpkg did the right thing in failing, but the error message
displayed wasn't terribly helpful.

Yann, could we display an informative message? I know that there's a
lot you can already see: that it's ldd run that failed, so it feels
natural to try to execute the same command and see what happens. Since
people often freak out when they see a seemingly unintentional stack
trace, adding two sentences of guidance would be good. (Of course,
it's essential for debugging to re-raise the exception and display the
stack trace.)\

What do you think?