[csw-maintainers] [csw-pkgrequests] New package request : Cfengine3

Rafael Ostertag raos at opencsw.org
Thu May 2 12:41:03 CEST 2013

Hi Marko

[...]
>> Von: pkgrequests at lists.opencsw.org
>> Betreff: [csw-pkgrequests] New package request : Cfengine3
>> Datum: 30. April 2013 15:24:43 MESZ
>> An: pkgrequests at lists.opencsw.org
>>
>> Dear maintainers,
>>
>> A new package request has been received from Marko Jauhiainen (mailto:mark at tpu.fi). Cfengine3 is requested to be added to our catalog.
>>
>> Here is the attached message :
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Cfengine 3.2.3 which appears to be the latest unstable version for Solaris 5.9 does not work properly with a 3.4.2 server (which we run on linux platform), but the latest unstable version for Solaris 5.10, 3.4.4, works perfectly. It would be great if you could upgrade the current unstable version for 5.9 from 3.2.3 => 3.4.4.

Starting with CFEngine 3.3, CFEngine dropped support for Berkeley DB and
recommended using Tokycabinet or QDBM as data store. I decided to go with
Tokyocabinet, which requires a C99 environment. Unfortunately, Sol 5.9 does not
provide C99.

Further, CFEngine 3.4.x claims to be C99 (see ChangeLog of CFE), which doesn't
raise the confidence of being able to build it under 5.9 anymore.

I can give it a shot during the weekend, but no promises.

cheers
rafi