[csw-maintainers] Code issue w/ different behaviour on sparc and x86

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Wed May 8 19:16:49 CEST 2013

On 08/05/2013 14:01, Peter FELECAN wrote:
> Did you try using GCC? What purpose do you pursue using Sun Studio?
> (Note that I'm not trying to start a compiler war, just trying to
> understand).

Yes, I tried, GCC does not show the issue. The recipe was using Studio,
I kept it that way so far. In general, I prefer Studio, mostly to avoid
dependencies on libgcc and C++ ABI problems. I guess the latter is not a
problem for glib.
Not sure if performance is still an issue, though I would probably think
it is on Sparc.

> IMHO you do it on your side, i.e., OCSW is not doing it on your behalf;
> dont't forget: you are OCSW...

Well, I meant, is there an OpenCSW CSI to raise the issue with Oracle? I
don't mind using the support contract we have at work if needed.

Laurent