issues with git proxy

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Nov 18 17:41:12 CET 2013

Hi Peter,

Am 18.11.2013 um 10:40 schrieb Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
> I'm working on a package which is distributed directly from a git
> repository.
>
> I'm following the recipe as described in
> http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2009-March/001222.html
>
> When trying to fetch the package it's stuck forever...
>
> ==> Grabbing work/solaris10-i386/download/verbiste-el.git
>
> and there are a lot of processes:
>
>  cat
>  /bin/bash /opt/csw/bin/mgar clean package
>  git clone --bare git://gaffer.ptitcanardnoir.org/verbiste-el.git work/solaris10
>  /bin/sh -c GIT_PROXY_COMMAND=/home/pfelecan/opencsw/.buildsys/v2/gar/bin/gitpro
>  /bin/bash /home/pfelecan/opencsw/.buildsys/v2/gar/bin/gitproxy gaffer.ptitcanar
>  /bin/bash /home/pfelecan/opencsw/.buildsys/v2/gar/bin/gitproxy gaffer.ptitcanar
>  grep -v ^gmake
>  -bash
>  gmake -I /home/pfelecan/opencsw/.buildsys/v2 clean package
>  /bin/bash /home/pfelecan/opencsw/.buildsys/v2/gar/bin/gitproxy gaffer.ptitcanar
>  /bin/sh -c if test -f work/solaris10-i386/cookies/global/checksum-verbiste-el.g
>  ps -f
>  gmake -s git//gaffer.ptitcanardnoir.org/verbiste-el.git
>  nc proxy 3128
>  cat
>  /bin/sh -c if test -f work/solaris10-i386/cookies/global/checksum-verbiste-el.g
>
> My recipe is at
> http://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/verbiste-el/trunk/Makefile?view=markup&pathrev=22504
>
> Is my recipe wrong or is there something misbehaving on the build farm?

This is a misbehaviour of the buildfarm, however, I haven't found the issue yet.
Additionally, some time ago I configured our git with /etc/opt/csw/gitconfig on
the unstable* hosts to be able to connect transparently over the proxy so you can
just "git clone" from all nodes without the need to think about it. This uses
socat in comparison to the "nc" variant currently implemented in GAR. Still looking.