[csw-maintainers] Buildfarm setup - documentation

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Fri Oct 4 17:58:42 CEST 2013

"Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

> 2013/10/4 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>
>> It is not taken care. This is why I'm whining:
>>
>> # svcs -l svc:/network/cswmysql5:default
>> fmri         svc:/network/cswmysql5:default
>> enabled      false
>> state        disabled
>
> Hm. Maybe you need to something to start it... but I've done about 3
> fresh installations in the last half a year and don't recall anything
> MySQL related, so the installation must have been easy for me. Maybe
> you need to run something like 1 command to set up the database files
> and then svc enable. We can include that in the instructions.
>
>> BTW, can you tell me if the template to create /etc/opt/csw/my.cnf as
>> required for checkpkg is the small, medium or large.
>
> No template. Start with empty file, add two lines as instructed, and
> you're done.

The ball is rolling further... I documented the data base setup and now
I'm stuck with the tables creation:

 $ pkgdb initdb
ERROR:root:Could not create table <class 'models.CatalogGenData'>: Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/csw/bin/pkgdb", line 709, in <module>
    main()
  File "/opt/csw/bin/pkgdb", line 457, in main
    dbc.CreateTables()
  File "/opt/csw/lib/python/csw/database.py", line 164, in CreateTables
    table.createTable(ifNotExists=True)
  File "/opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages/sqlobject/main.py", line 1414, in createTable
    constraints = conn.createTable(cls)
  File "/opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages/sqlobject/dbconnection.py", line 510, in createTable
    self.query(createSql)
  File "/opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages/sqlobject/dbconnection.py", line 414, in query
    return self._runWithConnection(self._query, s)
  File "/opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages/sqlobject/dbconnection.py", line 327, in _runWithConnection
    val = meth(conn, *args)
  File "/opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages/sqlobject/dbconnection.py", line 411, in _query
    self._executeRetry(conn, conn.cursor(), s)
  File "/opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages/sqlobject/mysql/mysqlconnection.py", line 121, in _executeRetry
    raise OperationalError(ErrorMessage(e))
sqlobject.dberrors.OperationalError: Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs

I have seen hour note on the cswutils issue with missing
dependencies. You need to state which is the correct context of usage
for pkgdb.
--
Peter