[csw-maintainers] Evaluating Gentoo Prefix

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Sep 23 16:24:25 CEST 2013

2013/9/23 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
> This is a strange affirmation. How the heck I'm working on a build farm
> since more than eight years? C'mon...

You probably haven't tried setting up a shared database recently. What
we have is a very old install on a really beefy machine. That install
has been tweaked on-the-fly multiple times. It's not like you can
follow the instructions from http://wiki.opencsw.org/checkpkg#toc4 and
they will work on a virtual machine.

In January this year, I've attempted to make an instructional video
how to set up a private buildfarm. I've realized that using the
resources I had at home, it was impossible. Therefore, we don't have a
working set of code. There is the development version, but it's not
finished.

If you don't believe me, you can try to set up a shared database, here
are the instructions: http://wiki.opencsw.org/checkpkg#toc4 - unless
you have a very beefy machine, it will fail.