Your script

Rafael Ostertag raos at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 22 07:51:49 CEST 2014

Hi Maciej

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 12:48:12AM +0100, Maciej (Matchek) Blizi??ski wrote:
> >    ./cswch create packagename 0.1 --log 'Initial release.'
>
> I'm trying this.
>
> packagename and version can be derived from the Makefile, maybe?

Hmm. But if we take the version to be used in the Makefile from the changelog,
the changelog cannot take the version from the Makefile, right?

You only have to give the package name on initial creation of the changelog.
After that, using 'new', it takes it from the existing changelog entries, so
you don't have to specify it explicitely. How about that?

> After running the tool, the changelog is not added to the svn repository.
Yes. File that under 'not feature complete' :)

> maciej at unstable10s [unstable10s]:~/src/opencsw/pkg/fakeroot/trunk >
> ~/src/opencsw-gar/v2/bin/cswch create fakeroot 1.20 --log
> "Garification, package split."
> maciej at unstable10s [unstable10s]:~/src/opencsw/pkg/fakeroot/trunk > svn status
> ?       files/changelog.CSW
>

> Maybe the tool could do that for me, or display a copypastable line?

My idea was, the tool being the interface to changelog. Providing a
copypastable line(s) breaks this rule, because then changelog is not under the
tool's control anymore (sort of).

Now, what if 'mgar newpkg' calls cswch with the proper arguments and adds
changelog.CSW to the repo?

cheers
rafi