Your script

Rafael Ostertag raos at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 22 08:00:19 CEST 2014

Hi
On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 10:43:43PM +0100, Maciej (Matchek) Blizi??ski wrote:
> > I also keep thinking that it
> > would be nice to have a dedicated place for the changelog per package in an
> > easy-to-parse format (probably in ReST/Markdown?) which could be displayed
> > on pkgutil -u (store the previous changelog before removal and diff to the
> > newly installed one). Also Catalog changediffs could be generated that way.
>
> I'm not super familiar with the changelog files, but they seem to have
> a well defined format, so we should first look if there already are
> parsers. So it might be fine to keep the regular changelog format, and
> use a parser whenever we want to process the data. Checking if the
> changelog syntax is correct can be part of package checking.

There is a parser in cswch (nothing official, I hacked it together), which
tries to be compliant with [1]. So cswch has a pretty good idea of
changelog.CSW and it should be trivial to convert changelog.CSW into any other
format. Let me know what you need.

> I also had this idea that instead of using VERSION in the Makefile, we
> could take the latest version from changelog:
>
> VERSION = $(call extract_version_from_changelog)

+1

cheers
rafi

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#s-dpkgchangelog