making the first gnustep packages available

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Thu Aug 7 11:54:17 CEST 2014

Hi,

while there are still problems which can be surely worked out later, I
have now completed a first set of packages for GNUstep:
- core packagess (make, base, gui, back)
- Gorm, the graphical interface builder
- a couple of easy-to-package apps (Terminal, Zipper, FTP)

the latter were the simplest since they don't have external dependencies
and they prove that the core packages work!
I have prefixed all directories with gs_, so that in case there is no
name clash (e.g. FTP gets gs_ftp), if there will be package name clashes
I hope we can sort them out too. Several utility apps have pretty
generic names.

right now what builds is commited with "mgar commit".

What's next to make them packages?

The best would be if somebody did try them also on solaris 9 and 11 and
on x86, since I only have a solaris 10 sparc host. And maybe even use
them and find them useful :)

Riccardo