making the first gnustep packages available

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Aug 10 12:36:18 CEST 2014

> right now what builds is commited with "mgar commit".
>
> What's next to make them packages?

Log in to the buildfarm, and in each build recipe run "mgar
platforms", or "mgar replatforms" if you have files from previous runs
lying around. Then you upload them from the login host, using the
csw-upload-pkg utility.

> The best would be if somebody did try them also on solaris 9 and 11 and
> on x86, since I only have a solaris 10 sparc host. And maybe even use
> them and find them useful :)

Have you built it on Solaris 9? If you only built it on Solaris 10, it
will very likely not build on Solaris 9. Unless you want to, I would
suggest not spending time on Solaris 9.

When packages are in the catalog, we need to do something extra to let
the world know the packages are available. We could post a new blog
entry.