How to build python2.7 packages

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Feb 12 16:05:55 CET 2014

> What is the correct way to package for both (or all) versions of python?
> I can not use the category python for pygtk and pygobject

You can't/shouldn't put category modulators in the recipe.

I was thinking that maybe you can have a separate build recipe just for the
Python modules? It would be a separate Makefile, building from the same
sources, but only generating the Python modules. I don't know if it's a
workable idea, but maybe it's worth investigating?