How to build python2.7 packages

Carsten Grzemba grzemba at contac-dt.de
Thu Feb 13 10:18:54 CET 2014

Finally I have stolen the magic from http://sourceforge.net/p/gar/code/HEAD/tree/csw/mgar/pkg/file/trunk/Makefile,
but for the configuration step was this this hint in configure.ac important:

# The version of python used is determined by the executable pointed to by
# the PYTHON environment variable. For instance if your system installs
# Python 3 as python3 to configure to compile pygobject under Python 3
# you would do this:
# $> PYTHON=python3 ./configure

So I have to add in recipe also:

EXTRA_CONFIGURE_ENV = PYTHON=python$(PYTHON_VERSION)

In .buildsys/v2/categories/python/categor.mk I have seen that the underline natation is used:

MODULATIONS_PYTHON_VERSION ?= 2_6 2_7

Is this correct? I have to use the dotted notation for work:
MODULATIONS_PYTHON_VERSION = 2.6 2.7

Carsten