Lazy catalog generation

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Jan 27 12:21:18 CET 2014

Hello maintainers,

Dago and I talked together yesterday about his current projects. Dago is
working on a better way to distribute our packages. Part of what's needed
is lazy catalog generation, that is only generating a new catalog index
file when there are changes made to the catalog. I wrote a short
description of this project some time ago, and I've just expanded it with
examples:

http://wiki.opencsw.org/projects-available#toc2

It's about writing one script in a language of choice that fetches data
over HTTP and from disk, and then returns either 1 or 0 system exit code.

It's a weekend-sized project if you can code but have little experience
with OpenCSW buildfarm.

Would anyone be interested in picking this up?