Direct binding and libumem

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 4 09:34:34 CET 2014

Hi folks,

I just encountered an interesting case: when compiling the latest xjobs (which does
not have funky linker magic at all) I got the following checkpkg result:

> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWxjobs += no-direct-binding|/opt/csw/bin/xjobs|is|not|directly|bound|to|soname|libumem.so.1

Inspection of the build process showed that -B direct is correctly passed.
Using the excellent documentation at the checkpkg error tag wiki at
  http://wiki.opencsw.org/checkpkg-error-tags#toc31
showed the following issue:

> dam at unstable10s [unstable10s]:/home/dam/mgar/pkg/xjobs/trunk > $(mgar show-buildsys | cut -f1)/bin/check_db_symbols work/solaris10-sparc/pkgroot/opt/csw/bin/xjobs
> Use of uninitialized value $library_path in string eq at /home/dam/mgar/pkg/.buildsys/v2/bin/check_db_symbols line 64, <$ldd> line 4.
> Use of uninitialized value $soname in hash element at /home/dam/mgar/pkg/.buildsys/v2/bin/check_db_symbols line 67, <$ldd> line 4.
>
> Library                 Directly bound    Not directly bound    Not directly bindable
> libumem.so.1                    0                  0                      3
> libc.so.1                      74                  0                      2
> libm.so.2                       2                  0                      0

It seems that some libraries contain only not directly bindable symbols,
essentially these should be excluded from the test.
@Yann: Do you think this is possible?

Best regards

  — Dago