alternatives: multiple versions for the same package

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Wed May 21 20:34:32 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Tue, 2014-05-20 at 18:44, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> >> May I commit my not-yet-working package makefile so yo ucan see it in
> >> its entirety?
> >
> > Yes please :-)
>
> If it gets hard, maybe it makes sense to build just one version for
> starters. You can give packages names with the future dual build in
> mind, but only do one build for now. I think it's good to release a
> simpler set of packages earlier.

Fine, the two packages would be quite similar. Before committing
something with the wrong name.

Let me understand better and explain.
1) I currently have package "x" (that is gnustep-back) and thus it is
named in my opencsw directory
2) one of the modulations needs to be choosen. it is not a feature tha
tyou can activate, but a choice that you need to make
3) as package name do you refer to the actual name in the directory?

that is, I have gnustep-back, that can be built either "xlib" or
"cairo". There is no "gnustep-back" without this choice.

All remaining packages will depend on either one or the other, you can't
have both.

Is it now correct to commit gnustep-back? perhaps with a first
hard-configured version to which we make modulations then work?

Riccardo