alternatives: multiple versions for the same package

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Tue May 27 01:20:52 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Fri, 2014-05-23 at 09:28, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Riccardo,

> I suggest to make one CSWgnustep-back which uses xlib and registers xlib as
> alternative. All packages depend on this one. If you want the more elaborate
> cairo you install CSWgnustep-back-cairo which just ships the changed files
> from the alternatives and these alternatives have a higher precedence than
> the xlib one. This is the same way as we do gnuplot. Does this sound reasonable?

confused, I made a step back: I removed all modulations by commenting
them out and setup gnustep-back as cairo backend. I commited the
makefile.

Right now it fails very early for me:

==> Verifying installed package CSWgnustep-gui: ok
==> Verifying installed package CSWlibcairo2: ok
gar/gar.mk:320: recipe for target 'check-prereqs' failed
gmake: *** [check-prereqs] Error 1

Any hints?

Riccardo