SF.net SVN: gar:[24307] csw/mgar/pkg/augeas/trunk/Makefile

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 11 20:17:57 CET 2014

Hi Toni,

> Am 11.11.2014 um 19:08 schrieb Toni Schmidbauer <tosmi at opencsw.org>:
>
> Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> writes:
>> I suggest to split off libraries, ruby was an exception.
>
> thanks for the hint, i've already started work on libaugeas and libfa.
>
> one question about package names:
>
> currently augeas builds the following libraries and links
>
> libaugeas.so.0 -> libaugeas.so.0.19.0
> libaugeas.so.0.19.0
>
> and
>
> libfa.so -> libfa.so.1.4.0
> libfa.so.1 -> libfa.so.1.4.0
> libfa.so.1.4.0
>
> so what would be the correct name for those two packages?
> according to the opencsw shared lib guide i would have named them
>
> CSWlibaugeas0-19-0 and
> CSWlibfa1-4-0
>
> but checkpkg suggested
>
> CSWlibaugeas0 and
> CSWlibfa1
>
> e.g. there was a version bump from libaugeas.so.0.18.0 to
> libaugeas.so.0.19.0 with the update from 1.2.0 to 1.3.0.

This is explained here:
  http://wiki.opencsw.org/packaging-shared-libraries
The trick is the SONAME, use dump -Lv <lib> and see SONAME.

> one more question:
>
> should i include the symlinks in the lib packages or in CSWaugeas?

No, these belong to the devel package. I suggest
  CSWlibauges-dev += $(PKGFILES_DEVEL)
and
  CSWlibfa1 += $(call pkgfiles_lib,libfa.so.1)
and make CSWaugeas the catchall. See also
  https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/trac/wiki/Prototypes

> i also think the ruby20 and ruby20_dev packages in unstable are ready
> for installation, so could you please install them on the buildfarm? so
> i'm able to proceed with the puppet packages.

Done. Please make CSWruby20-dev depend on CSWruby20 and all other packages that
are required to actually use it.

Best regards

  — Dago