incorrect warning during check and upload

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Apr 19 18:12:46 CEST 2015

> For the first part of your question:
>
> # pkgchk -l -p /opt/csw/bin/isaexec
> CSWisaexec

I found the corresponding part from the postinstall script:

installf $PKGINST /opt/csw/bin/isaexec f

This is how pkgchk knows which package provides /opt/csw/bin/isaexec.

Some possibilities are:

1. Try to track down what postinstall does (but how?)
2. Modify CSWisaexec to provide a fake pkgmap entry (how?)
3. Distribute our own isaexec binary, compiled from external source (Illumos?)
4. Write our own isaexec

> As for the second part, you take the risk to fail Turing's test ;-)
> But why not, indeed?
>
> Anyway, the warning annoys me because there is too much noise already.
> It warns me about what?

It goes like this:

1. your package contains a hardlink to a file, and will likely not
work without it
2. it makes sense to check which package provides this file
3. we look at pkgmap of all packages to find the right one

The warning is generic, it warns you that your package depends on a
file, but we don't know what to suggest to fulfill that dependency.
Normally you find out what package that is and you suggest adding it
as a dependency. But what if you cannot find that package? You display
a warning.