incorrect warning during check and upload

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Apr 20 13:38:49 CEST 2015

Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:

> > This is how pkgchk knows which package provides /opt/csw/bin/isaexec.
> >
> > Some possibilities are:
> >
> > 1. Try to track down what postinstall does (but how?)
> > 2. Modify CSWisaexec to provide a fake pkgmap entry (how?)
> > 3. Distribute our own isaexec binary, compiled from external source (Illumos?)
> > 4. Write our own isaexec
>
> the fourth possibility seems to me the most adequate; by the way, it's
> not rocket science; however, having a look to SUN's c/o Illumos
> implementation is worthy as much more cmplete (hah, Alan is here again
> but not in the correct sense, consequently is just a bot) than what we
> have today.

It is not trivial if you like to create secure code that fits into a single
page.

BTW: I created na isaexec implementation based on the Sun implementation.
This was reworked not to depend on a libc function (as recent OpenSolaris
sources) and it still fits into a single page.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.net                    (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin