OpenCSW catalog update report

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 5 10:02:23 CEST 2015

Hi,

Am 05.08.2015 um 09:45 schrieb Laurent Blume <laurent at opencsw.org>:
> I would rather like to know what the fuck you think you are doing.

Civility, gentlemen, please!

> You've been tinkering (ie, breaking) that package, and I had to step in
> to fix your mistakes.
>
> Now you are just taking it over, without any polite asking for it, and
> AFAICT, without making a single committed change that would require a
> reupload.
>
> I'm all good to give packages to other maintainers, since I've got less
> time to deal with them myself, even to those who have shown
> unwillingness to make their own research.
>
> But in your position, the *very least* you can do is *ask*.

I can understand that you are unhappy with packages just taken over
as other maintainers also would be. Probably Riccardo got the impression
that just foreign pushingis not that bad because he had some of my packages
in the past an I am pretty glad to give away packages.

That having said I kindly ask everyone to act as a team, the projects
needs all contributors to work together now more than ever and make the
best use of the few resources we have.

Best regards

  — Dago