circular dependencies

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 15 10:11:37 CEST 2015

Hi,

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński wrote:
> The dependency probably isn't entirely circular, some files from the
> ghostscript package depend on files from cairo, and some cairo scripts
> depend on ghostscript. If you know which files they are, you can split
> packages in such a way that you no longer have a circular dependency.
That sounds like a lot of work which I do not want to undertake.

I checked the cairo package in FreeBSD and it has no dependencies on
ghostscript.
The same goes for Debian:
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/libcairo2

I will try to disable it and see how it goes, it should not be made
necessary.

Riccardo