scandir on solaris 9

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Thu Jun 18 13:11:50 CEST 2015

Hi,

in the maze of libcairo upgrade, which I'd like on solaris 9 too, I got
entangled in fontconfig.

I got this:
checking for lstat... yes
checking for posix_fadvise... no
checking for scandir... configure: error:
*** No scandir function available.
gmake[1]: ***
[configure-work/build-isa-sparcv8/fontconfig-2.11.0/configure] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rmottola/opencsw/fontconfig/trunk'

did you guys already had experience with scandir during solaris 8/9
times? Apparently there is the UCB version, while later it was moved
directly into libc.

Solutions seem to be two
1) fix/patch/add linker flags to get the ucb version working
2) install/use/incorporate a replacement

what did you use in the past?

Riccardo