svg problem during cairo build

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Fri Jun 26 12:19:05 CEST 2015

Hi,

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Please try /opt/csw/bin/pkg-config, the one in /usr/bin is rather old and can’t handle
> some of the fields.
>
>> >Help:)  I hoped rebuilding existing packages to be easier!
> This is a common mistake Rupert also fell for: there is no easy rebuild. Even minor
> version bumps turn out to be porting projects lately. Please read my analysis about
> the problem at
>    http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2015-January/019611.html

well, then it means cairo is a hard thing :) Essentially packages should
be rebuilt from time to time to update them gradually. Here it is a
minor upstream revision, no compiler change... but since it has many
many dependencies, it is a tree of changes.

Debian has automated build scripts: we should perhaps too: tis would
detect dependency changes. At a minimum, every time a developer package
is obsoleted we should check depending packages. In cairo I found 4
packages that were obsoleted or do not even exist anymore.

Getting back to the "task".

/opt/csw/bin/pkg-config

gives indeed more sane results, at least it lists all packages. Can the
other be uninstalled? I hope that during configure the correct one gets
picked up.

librsvg-2.0                         librsvg - library that renders svg files
gdk-pixbuf-2.0                      GdkPixbuf - Image loading and scaling

are both present, this is a first important check. When I try to get cflags:

/opt/csw/bin/pkg-config --cflags librsvg-2.0
sh: gnome-config: not found
Package libpng15 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libpng15.pc'
Package 'libpng15', required by 'GdkPixbuf', not found

  /opt/csw/bin/pkg-config --cflags gdk-pixbuf-2.0
sh: gnome-config: not found
Package libpng15 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libpng15.pc'
Package 'libpng15', required by 'GdkPixbuf', not found

I suppose this is something similar to what Laurent was seeing?

I will retry building / updating librsvg and see if it solves the issue.

Riccardo