svg problem during cairo build

Claudio claudio at opencsw.org
Sat Jun 27 11:25:33 CEST 2015

On 26-06-15 12:09, Peter FELECAN wrote:
> Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> writes:
>
>> I think that it won't be long before ZFS is the only Solaris-native
>> high point that Linux lacks a production ready counterpart for.
>
> The work done at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory on porting ZFS
> as a kernel module is quite advanced and in my opinion it will go
> mainstream well before btrfs, even though there are great reticences, of
> the type NIH, in the Linux world (Linux as a kernel which really
> is). Anyway, I'm already using it in a massive production environment
> (30K systems and growing; this is my daily bragging rights consumed).

This is interesting!
I hear a lot of people that discarded Solaris talk positively about
FreeBSD because it already has ZFS and Linux have not. I had the
impression the project was on a side track and that all the Linux people
put theirs chips on brtfs. Good to be wrong, I really miss the ZFS
experience (with the exception of the binary magic in /etc) when working
on Linux.

C.