problem building libffi on x86-10 (fatal link error)

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 5 17:57:34 CET 2015

Hi Laurent

Laurent Blume wrote:
> Some recipes have been worked on, but never finalized, particularly
> those of Dago and Maciej, who are overloaded, and this one is old, mgar
> has much evolved.
> Don't hesitate to start by removing stuff, like I said, get the latest
> libffi version, remove the patches, use a recent compiler, check if it
> builds.
fine, I had some time and hacked away during some boring meetings :)

I upgraded to latest libffi, which incorporated also certain patches (I
checked), disabled those that do not apply anymore too. Switched to GCC.
It would make 6.0.5 instead of 5.0.10

I got everything to compile and it appears to work for my configure test!

I wanted to run the tests (mgar test ?) and re-enabled them.
TEST_TARGET = check

however when I run mgar test I get:
WARNING: could not find 'runtest'

so  suppose they did nothing.

The recipe contains some stuff I do not understand fully that I think
needs to be updated:

OBSOLETED_BY_CSWlibffi5 = CSWlibffi
OBSOLETED_BY_CSWlibffi5-dev = CSWlibffi
INCOMPATIBLE_PKGS_CSWlibffi5 = CSWlibffi

These just mean that unversioned packaged are obsoleted? These need to
be updated to CSWlibffi6 I suppose

PACKAGES += CSWlibffi5
PKGFILES_CSWlibffi5 += $(call baseisadirs,$(libdir),libffi\.so\.5(\.\d+)*)
SPKG_DESC_CSWlibffi5 += $(DESCRIPTION), libffi.so.5

what do the last two lines do? I just substituted blindly 5 with 6
what is SPKG_*?

then we have:
PACKAGES += CSWlibffi-dev
SPKG_DESC_CSWlibffi-dev = $(DESCRIPTION) - developer package
RUNTIME_DEP_PKGS_CSWlibffi-dev += CSWlibffi6

why does it have CSWlibffi-dev and not CSWlibffi6-dev ?

Should I commit the receipe as is? I can also post the diff to the list,
as you prefer.

Thanks,
Riccardo