problem building libffi on x86-10 (fatal link error)

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 5 21:11:31 CET 2015

Le 2015/03/05 17:57 +0100, Riccardo Mottola a écrit:
> I upgraded to latest libffi, which incorporated also certain patches (I
> checked), disabled those that do not apply anymore too. Switched to GCC.
> It would make 6.0.5 instead of 5.0.10

Not a problem.

> I got everything to compile and it appears to work for my configure test!
>
> I wanted to run the tests (mgar test ?) and re-enabled them.
> TEST_TARGET = check
>
> however when I run mgar test I get:
> WARNING: could not find 'runtest'

Not mgar test? mgar check?

> so  suppose they did nothing.
>
> The recipe contains some stuff I do not understand fully that I think
> needs to be updated:
>
> OBSOLETED_BY_CSWlibffi5 = CSWlibffi
> OBSOLETED_BY_CSWlibffi5-dev = CSWlibffi
> INCOMPATIBLE_PKGS_CSWlibffi5 = CSWlibffi

You'll have to replace the 5 by 6.

> These just mean that unversioned packaged are obsoleted? These need to
> be updated to CSWlibffi6 I suppose

No, it was for transition from the old, pre-standard naming. Packages
won't need to be updated (except that to avoid a broken lib, that is).

> PACKAGES += CSWlibffi5
> PKGFILES_CSWlibffi5 += $(call baseisadirs,$(libdir),libffi\.so\.5(\.\d+)*)
> SPKG_DESC_CSWlibffi5 += $(DESCRIPTION), libffi.so.5
>
> what do the last two lines do? I just substituted blindly 5 with 6
> what is SPKG_*?

Actually, mgar will surely tell you what to copy-paste.

> then we have:
> PACKAGES += CSWlibffi-dev
> SPKG_DESC_CSWlibffi-dev = $(DESCRIPTION) - developer package
> RUNTIME_DEP_PKGS_CSWlibffi-dev += CSWlibffi6
>
> why does it have CSWlibffi-dev and not CSWlibffi6-dev ?

Because there is only one -dev at a time, pointing to the latest version
that is used for all new linking, while there can be several numbered
versions of the libs used by previously linked packages.

> Should I commit the receipe as is? I can also post the diff to the list,
> as you prefer.

Run "mgar package" first so it will warn you for missing deps and other
issues.

Laurent