libffi on solaris 9

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Sat Mar 7 10:05:14 CET 2015

Hi,

are the solaris 9 machines under maintenance?
I wanted to check if my new libffi builds on solaris 9

On sparc, configure starts,

checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking for gcc... /opt/csw/bin/gcc-4.9
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in
`/home/rmottola/opencsw/libffi/trunk/work/build-isa-sparcv8/libffi-3.2.1/sparc-sun-solaris2.9':
See `config.log' for more details

but I don't think we have gcc 4.9 on solaris 9? gcc points to 4.6!

On intel instead (unstable9x)

-bash-4.3$ mgar
-bash: mgar: command not found

No mgar? :) :)