missing libffi.so master link

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 18 11:02:23 CET 2015

> and yes, the symlink is also in gcc4core and the link is there on unstable9s:
>
>> /opt/csw/lib/libffi.so=libffi.so.4.0.1 s none CSWgcc4core
>
> Of course I can remove gcc3java, but we also need to take care of gcc4java.
> @Maciej: I guess I need to rebuild gcc for this, right?

Yes, an upgrade to the version which does not attempt to install
libffi.so in /opt/csw/lib. I don't recall which version that was.

Riccardo, if you decide to work on GCC on 5.9, why not build GCC 4.8?

Why 4.8 and not 4.9? 4.9 has dropped Solaris 9 support:
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-05/msg00728.html