failure due to target

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Sat Mar 21 17:25:07 CET 2015

Hi,

why do I get this error on solaris 9 x86? I do not specify the
architecture. I just added a patch for a known problem regarding
UINTPTR_MAX.
What is forcing "amd64"

ICU for C/C++ 54.1 is ready to be built.
=== Important Notes: ===
Data Packaging: library
  This means: ICU data will be linked with ICU. A shared data library
will be built.
  To locate data: ICU will use the linked data library. If linked with
the stub library located in stubdata/, the application can use
udata_setCommonData() or set a data path to override.
Building ICU: Use a GNU make such as /opt/csw/bin/gmake to build ICU.
checking the version of "/opt/csw/bin/gmake"... 3.82 (we wanted at least
3.80)
ok
         [configure-modulated] complete for libicu.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rmottola/opencsw/libicu54/trunk'
gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/rmottola/opencsw/libicu54/trunk'
/home/rmottola/opencsw/.buildsys/v2/gar//gar.conf.mk:502: *** The ISA
'amd64' can not be build on this kernel with the arch 'i386'. Stop.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rmottola/opencsw/libicu54/trunk'

Riccardo