failure due to target

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sat Mar 21 20:10:06 CET 2015

Hi Riccardo,

> Am 21.03.2015 um 17:25 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at opencsw.org>:
>
> why do I get this error on solaris 9 x86? I do not specify the architecture. I just added a patch for a known problem regarding UINTPTR_MAX.
> What is forcing "amd64"
>
> ICU for C/C++ 54.1 is ready to be built.
> === Important Notes: ===
> Data Packaging: library
> This means: ICU data will be linked with ICU. A shared data library will be built.
> To locate data: ICU will use the linked data library. If linked with the stub library located in stubdata/, the application can use udata_setCommonData() or set a data path to override.
> Building ICU: Use a GNU make such as /opt/csw/bin/gmake to build ICU.
> checking the version of "/opt/csw/bin/gmake"... 3.82 (we wanted at least 3.80)
> ok
>        [configure-modulated] complete for libicu.
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rmottola/opencsw/libicu54/trunk'
> gmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/rmottola/opencsw/libicu54/trunk'
> /home/rmottola/opencsw/.buildsys/v2/gar//gar.conf.mk:502: *** The ISA 'amd64' can not be build on this kernel with the arch 'i386'. Stop.
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rmottola/opencsw/libicu54/trunk'

That is a bit complicated: when building on Solaris 9 with BUILD64 enabled
the 32 bit part is build on Solaris 9 and the 64 bit part on Solaris 10 to
build a joint package which can run on Solaris 9 and 10. For this the build
process jumps to another machine (are you building this on the farm?) with
Solaris 10. You can disable this with something like this:

BUILD64-5.10 = 1
BUILD64 = $(BUILD64-$(GAROSREL))

Best regards

  — Dago