overrides specific for architecture

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 24 15:38:29 CET 2015

Hi,

with the new libffi I can finally build gnustep-base!

But packaging fails:

WARNING: Some overrides did not match any errors.  They can probably be
removed,
as they don't take any effect anyway.  If you're getting errors at the same
time, maybe you didn't specify your overrides correctly.
* Unused Override: CSWgnustep-base:
binary-architecture-does-not-match-placement
file=opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Tools/autogsdoc arch_id=18 arch_name=sparcv8+
* Unused Override: CSWgnustep-base:
binary-architecture-does-not-match-placement
file=opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Tools/gdnc arch_id=18 arch_name=sparcv8+
* Unused Override: CSWgnustep-base:
binary-architecture-does-not-match-placement
file=opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Tools/plmerge arch_id=18 arch_name=sparcv8+
* Unused Override: CSWgnustep-base:
binary-architecture-does-not-match-placement
file=opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Tools/plser arch_id=18 arch_name=sparcv8+
* Unused Override: CSWgnustep-base:
binary-architecture-does-not-match-placement
file=opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Tools/sfparse arch_id=18 arch_name=sparcv8+
* Unused Override: CSWgnustep-base:
binary-architecture-does-not-match-placement
file=opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Tools/pl arch_id=18 arch_name=sparcv8+

Obviously: those overrides are specific to SPARC by definition... I'm
building on intel.

Do I ned to do some GARCH magic perhaps?

Should I use the