IRC under attack

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 1 22:24:56 CEST 2018

Hi,

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński via maintainers wrote:
> In the meantime, I don't know if there's actually anything happening
> on #opencsw. Did anybody notice the spam bots?

if you mean random users getting in and advertising blogs, fake news and
then disconnecting.... the yes.

e.g.:

     -->|    Dominian10 (~Dominian at 81.171.81.191) has joined #opencsw
     Dominian10    With our IRC ad service you can reach a global
audience of entrepreneurs and fentanyl addicts with extraordinary
engagement rates! https://williampitcock.com/
     Dominian10    I thought you guys might be interested in this blog
by freenode staff member Bryan 'kloeri' Ostergaard
https://bryanostergaard.com/
     Dominian10    Read what IRC investigative journalists have
uncovered on the freenode pedophilia scandal
https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Freenodegate
     Dominian10    A fascinating blog by freenode staff member Matthew
'mst' Trout https://MattSTrout.com/
     |<--    Dominian10 has left freenode (Remote host closed the
connection)

Riccardo