rebuilding WebServices / GNUTLS on 9

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue May 1 21:09:32 CEST 2018

Hi Riccardo,

> Am 01.05.2018 um 09:42 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at opencsw.org>:
>
> Hi,
>
> I was rebuilding WebServices, of which now all libraries are up-to-date:
>
> I get this on Solaris 10s:
>
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-webservices += surplus-dependency|CSWperformance
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-webservices += dependency-on-nonexistent-package|CSWperformance
>
> Why not existent? it is installed!
>
> application CSWperformance                   performance - GNUstep data utility library

Ugh, that is probably another artefact from my attempt to clean up the mess around
CSWPerformance / CSWperformance. I’ll need to understand the design of pkgdb better,
maybe Maciej still remember and can shed some light on it.

> Then on Solaris 9x, both x86 and solaris
> Making all for test_tool testWebServices...
> Compiling file testWebServices.m ...
> Linking test_tool testWebServices ...
> symbol                             in file
> gnutls_rnd                          ././obj/libWebServices.so
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to obj/testWebServices
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gmake[5]: *** [obj/testWebServices] Error 1
>
> this comes from GNUtls, but didn't I build a new package and did you not install it?
>
> the dates are all very old though:
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         21 Mar  8  2011 /opt/csw/lib/libgnutls.so -> libgnutls.so.26.16.13
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         19 Mar  8  2011 /opt/csw/lib/libgnutls.so.13 -> libgnutls.so.13.9.1
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin      1443896 Jan 18  2011 /opt/csw/lib/libgnutls.so.13.9.1
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         21 Mar  8  2011 /opt/csw/lib/libgnutls.so.26 -> libgnutls.so.26.16.13
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root     bin      1304644 Jan 18  2011 /opt/csw/lib/libgnutls.so.26.16.13
>
> I am confused or have a hole in memory!
>
> Could you check that the catalog says? meybe you just forgot to install it.. or... GNUTLS ended up like the OpenSSL mess and I never finished the solaris 9 package? darn... I really forgot, too much time passed. I remember having issues... do you remember?

OpenSSL has already been taken care of by Jan to fix the hang issue.
I can’t remember where we were on GnuTLS.

Best regards

  — Dago