Issue with non-existing package

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 1 00:12:01 CET 2018

Hi,

Maciej Bliziński wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 01:21:05AM +0200, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>> it says CSWPerformance1
>>
>> this happened I think during a renaming where I changed case.. what a mess.
>>
>> Maybe I should just rebuild and reissue the package and see if it helps,
>> after reinstalling it?
> Normally when we rename packages, we change both the pkgname and the
> catalogname. In your case, you want to change the pkgname only, and leave the
> catalogname unchanged. I remember us talking about such partial renames in the
> past, but I don't remember the details: was this kind of a rename easy, or
> problematic (multi-stage).
>
> If this is a new package, and you don't need to worry about installations of
> this package, you can perhaps remove CSWPerformance1, and upload a corrected
> package and everything will be fine. If it were a widely used package, the
> migration path would have been longer.

No, it is not a widely used package... not at least in our tree, there
are no dependencies on it (yet) as far as I know.

Coud you remove it? can I do it? remove it from where?

> Looking at the package metadata[1], I see that the pkgname is CSWPerformance1 on
> top, but the pkginfo section shows "CSWperformance". I don't know from the top
> of my head where this different might come from. Perhaps a partly rebuilt
> package?

I think the issue could have been an attempt to rename it.. because of
capitalization.
I would keep it as is and just accept the latest package as is, if possible.

> Our packaging documentation[2] doesn't explicitly say what is the correct case, but
> I think that we generally standardize on CSWfoo (lowercase foo) and avoid CSWFoo
> (capitalized Foo).

I would rather not change it once again :) :)

Riccardo