Issue with non-existing package

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 1 12:02:51 CET 2018

Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at opencsw.org> escreveu no dia quarta, 31/10/2018
à(s) 23:28:

> No, it is not a widely used package... not at least in our tree, there
> are no dependencies on it (yet) as far as I know.
>
> Coud you remove it? can I do it? remove it from where?

Use the following command to remove the package:

./lib/python/safe_remove_package.py --os-releases=SunOS5.9,… -c
<catalogname>

I probably wrote this script, today I remember almost nothing about it, but
I guess it checks that removing the package in question will not create
dangling dependencies.

> I think the issue could have been an attempt to rename it.. because of
> capitalization.
> I would keep it as is and just accept the latest package as is, if
> possible.
>

> > Our packaging documentation[2] doesn't explicitly say what is the
> correct case, but
> > I think that we generally standardize on CSWfoo (lowercase foo) and
> avoid CSWFoo
> > (capitalized Foo).
>
> I would rather not change it once again :) :)

Don't take decisions out of fear. If it's not correct, make it right! If
you run into trouble, we'll look at it together again.