[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs ap2_subversion, javasvn, pm_subversio(...)

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Tue Dec 7 22:00:00 CET 2010

* Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> On 12/7/10, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> > Regarding the specific issue: why would you want to press someone to sit
> > down, investigate, and fix every possible path occurence within various
> > contrib/ scripts? We are not talking about bin/ and very likely this is
> > not a simple sed operation.
>
> yes it is a simple sed operation.
> i've looked at the file.

Sorry, definition unclear. Not a simple sed operation = identify the
relevant files, locate the path references and determine whether they
are indeed subject to simple sed replacements (or e.g. whether there are
any extra dependencies required).

> and there are only the two files in there I'm fussing about. I'm
> ignoring the path occurrences in true "doc" files.

Rupert, two changes okay for you?

Maciej, does checkpkg have a mechanism to check for such path occurences
in /opt/csw/share/doc (to avoid surprises at the release gate). And do
we have different levels of checkpkg guidance, different as in
"can/should" vs "must"? IMHO "can/should" would be sufficiently
appropriate for this case. More a heads up helper than a show stopper.

Sebastian