[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs clamav, libclam6, libclam6_devel

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 23 19:55:43 CET 2010

Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:

> On 12/22/10, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>
>> The closest we have is this from the share /opt/csw writeup:
>>
>>     "Allowable for run-time-only data. Do not deliver files in package
>>     here."
>>
>> While this we seem to run contrary to what I said above, it's
>> ambiguous at best.
>>

> seems pretty non-ambiguous to me.
> "run time only". == "only data generated at run time".

This mean that if the data is not generated at run-time it cannot be put
there?

What about the files distributed by SUNWapch2r? They are in /var/apache2
and there are files and directories not generated at run-time. Isn't it?
Is that in contradiction with your interpretation?

The maintainer explained very clearly why it must be in the place that
the files are but maybe this is a case of "whatever the maintainer feels
like"? Maybe disrupting a clamav installation is of the "best" quality
for the corporate world?
--
Peter