[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs clamav, libclam6, libclam6_devel

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Dec 23 23:54:02 CET 2010

On 12/23/10, Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> writes:
>
>> seems pretty non-ambiguous to me.
>> "run time only". == "only data generated at run time".
>
> This mean that if the data is not generated at run-time it cannot be put
> there?
>
> What about the files distributed by SUNWapch2r? They are in /var/apache2
> and there are files and directories not generated at run-time. Isn't it?
> Is that in contradiction with your interpretation?

Let me point out that you are referencing a Sun package, and comparing
it to CSW packages.
Sun does not always do things sanely.
For example, shipping the *config* files for smf, under /var.
idiotic.

SUNWapch2r seems to be similarly stupid.

btw: directories under /var/opt are no problem.

> The maintainer explained very clearly why it must be in the place that
> the files are but maybe this is a case of "whatever the maintainer feels
> like"? Maybe disrupting a clamav installation is of the "best" quality
> for the corporate world?

Its not a matter of "no you cant configure the program to *use* /var/opt".
It's merely a matter of not "shipping them *in* /var/opt".
ie, "dont put files in /var/opt as part of your 'prototype' file".
There isnt a problem with a postinstall script copying files into
/var/opt/csw, from elsewhere, as I already explicitly said on this
thread.

It's fairly trivial for "the maintainer" to toss together a
postinstall script to copy them from somewhere else. Should take all
of 10 minutes.

Like a template? I'd be happy to write one, if it's going to actually get used.