[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs gfile

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Jun 9 15:24:11 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Wed Jun 09 09:11:54 -0400 2010:

> It was /opt/csw/bin/file initially, but had to be renamed to
> /opt/csw/bin/gfile.  We seem to follow the rule of providing gawk in
> CSWgawk, ggrep in CSWggrep, and so on.  Now since the previous
> CSWgfile is gone, is there any problem with providing a new one?

Just confusion for the users, but maybe not enough to bother changing
it again...I was just tossing this out there before it hits the
streets.  Feel free to ignore.

(A side thought/personal opinion of mine is that putting the g prefix
in the filenames makes sense while putting it in the package name
doesn't...)

Thanks
-Ben
--