[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs gfile

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Wed Jun 9 18:19:37 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 6:03 AM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Maciej Blizinski's message of Wed Jun 09 02:04:48 -0400 2010:
>
>> Adjusted CSWgfile.  The command has been renamed to gfile, a symlink in
>> /opt/csw/gnu/file has been created.  The package is now named CSWgfile.
>
> This is a little bit nasty as we're now offering a new package with
> the same name as a recently retired one (which should have been
> CSWfileutils, imo)...Why not CSWfile ?

aah! I KNEW we had gfile, I'm not crazy after all ;-)
So... waitaminit...
if we USED to have "fileutils"... and fileutils was replaced by "coreutils"...
and fileutils used to have "gfile"... but "coreutils" does not...

oh waitaminit.. fileutils did NOT have gfile. so I am crazy :-}

i vaguely recall someone requesting to have gfile added in the past at
least, and I think it was this same thingie. wonder why it didnt go
in? oh well, glad its here now.

as far as naming goes:
In absense of other factors, we name things based on the executable
presented in /opt/csw/bin, not /opt/csw/gnu.

so, "gfile", rather than "file", should be the name.

I'm accepting the gfile package in.