[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs libpaper

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 18 17:58:12 CET 2010

On 2010-03-18 17:36, Philip Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Roger Håkansson<hson at opencsw.org>  wrote:
>
>> Removed old packages, this is replacement ones.
>>
>> libpaper-1.1.23+nmu1,REV=2010.03.17-SunOS5.8-i386-CSW.pkg.gz
>> libpaper-1.1.23+nmu1,REV=2010.03.17-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz
>>

> Erm... i just noticed... maybe you shouldnt have the "NMU1" bit on it.
> that's a debian-ism. stands for "non-maintainer-update" usually. And
> the debian people are abusing their own use of it. ARrrg.

> but besides which, "nmu2" is out :-}

Which was why I chose to add nmu to the version number...
But I've checked nmu2 and it only contains Debian-related changes, so
there is no need to repackage (other than changing the version number)

> Hmm.. actually, seems like the whole thing is a debian-ism. it doesnt
> have a proper 3rd-party home site?Ugh, i hate those kinds of things...

They explicitly say that the debian site is the home for this package.
Which isn't that strange since the original author seemed to be involved
with debian for a long time.

> perhaps you should bug them to "encourage" they migrate it to
> sourceforge.

Well, I doubt that they will do it, I did see some posting about it and
since the developers all are Debian-guys why should they care... Just
gonna create more job for them.

> then there is no more "nmu" idiocy, and things will be
> cleaner for everyone.
> for example, bsd people apparently use this.
> As well as MacOS X ?!?!?!
> This is just... odd :-}

Even the OpenVMS dist lists packages.debian.org as the home ;)