[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs libpaper

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Mar 18 19:00:55 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Roger Håkansson <hson at opencsw.org> wrote:

>> Hmm.. actually, seems like the whole thing is a debian-ism. it doesnt
>> have a proper 3rd-party home site?Ugh, i hate those kinds of things...
>>
>> perhaps you should bug them to "encourage" they migrate it to
>> sourceforge.
> They explicitly say that the debian site is the home for this package.
> Which isn't that strange since the original author seemed to be involved
> with debian for a long time.

Did you actually request it though?

> Even the OpenVMS dist lists packages.debian.org as the home ;)

yes, I am not debating this fact at all: debian.org is currently its "home".
There is other software in a similar situation (eg: fakeroot)

What I am suggesting, is that since this has clearly become a "greater
than debian" project, and in order to foster even more widespread
adoption, it would probably benefit both them and others, to put it up
on sourceforge (or somewhere similar. savanna.gnu.org or whatever, if
they prefer?)

Nothing is lost by asking, hmm?