[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs cmake

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Wed Nov 10 23:37:09 CET 2010

rupert THURNER wrote on 10.11.2010 22:19:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:17, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Maybe Rupert hasn't updated his gar/ tree yet? How about integrating
>> some sort of gar/ revision information in the pkginfo file so that this
>> becomes visible in general?
>>
>> I am not quite sure how this would best be done though, as there is no
>> single GAR revision but a collection of files with different revisions.
>> Thoughts (besides switching from a moving gar/ target to versioned GAR
>> releases)?
>
> rupert is updating the gar tree before running a build

Ruper is a role model ;) I fell into that trap more than enough myself,
that's why I pointed it out. No offense intended.

> and there is
> also a unique id, the subversion "revision" :) e.g. go direct to some
> file in the gar folder in case there is a symbolic link to gar:
>
> $ svn info gar/categories

> Repository Root: https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar
> Repository UUID: d3b55034-1cff-0310-a425-aefe953e1e90
> Revision: 11556
> Node Kind: directory
> Schedule: normal
> Last Changed Author: dmichelsen
> Last Changed Rev: 11547
> Last Changed Date: 2010-11-10 09:04:13 -0600 (Wed, 10 Nov 2010)

So if one calls "svn info gar/" and reads the Revision: that's the
latest revision of any file that currently sits beneath the locally
checked out gar/? A revision which could then be embedded into pkginfo
by GAR to reference the employed point-in-time-copy of gar/?

Sebastian