[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs cmake

rupert THURNER rupert at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 11 08:43:07 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 23:37, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> rupert THURNER wrote on 10.11.2010 22:19:
>> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:17, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>> Maybe Rupert hasn't updated his gar/ tree yet? How about integrating
>>> some sort of gar/ revision information in the pkginfo file so that this
>>> becomes visible in general?
>>>
>>> I am not quite sure how this would best be done though, as there is no
>>> single GAR revision but a collection of files with different revisions.
>>> Thoughts (besides switching from a moving gar/ target to versioned GAR
>>> releases)?
>>
>> rupert is updating the gar tree before running a build
>
> Ruper is a role model ;) I fell into that trap more than enough myself,
> that's why I pointed it out. No offense intended.
>
>> and there is
>> also a unique id, the subversion "revision" :) e.g. go direct to some
>> file in the gar folder in case there is a symbolic link to gar:
>>
>> $ svn info gar/categories

>> Repository Root: https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar
>> Repository UUID: d3b55034-1cff-0310-a425-aefe953e1e90
>> Revision: 11556
>> Node Kind: directory
>> Schedule: normal
>> Last Changed Author: dmichelsen
>> Last Changed Rev: 11547
>> Last Changed Date: 2010-11-10 09:04:13 -0600 (Wed, 10 Nov 2010)
>
> So if one calls "svn info gar/" and reads the Revision: that's the
> latest revision of any file that currently sits beneath the locally
> checked out gar/? A revision which could then be embedded into pkginfo
> by GAR to reference the employed point-in-time-copy of gar/?

yes.

but, "gar" is sometimes a symbolic link to the gar checkout to make
make it possible to use a "svn update --ignore-externals", which is a
lot quicker then checking out the same gar many times. in this case
"svn info gar" won't work. "svn info gar/someghing-else" should always
work as long as somebody updates gar via svn.

the whole subversion repository has only one current revision number.
it does therefore not matter which file / folder you test in the
working copy. as long one updates the whole gar, of course. but that
should be an edge case.

rupert.