[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs pm_textglob, pm_textwikifmt, pm_textw(...)

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 11 19:05:17 CET 2010

Hi Phil,

Am 11.11.2010 um 18:38 schrieb Philip Brown:
> I hate temporary renames.
> Especially when they come in clumps.
>
> Is there some kind of long-term plan for all this?
> I note that some of them have only "rt" using them.
> Is someone redoing rt for sure?
>
> Can these not just wait until rt is repackaged,and then we can just
> replace the old with the new, skipping those temporary empty packages?

The problem is that quite a lot users utilize the OpenCSW packages
for Perl modules to run their own applications. That means we could
drop the original packages after a "guaranteed" upgrade cycle
(which we don't have right now, like 201010 to 201011 snapshots).
But even then the packages need to be released with renames first
so they can be propery tracked and upgraded on the systems.