[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs dialog

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Feb 4 18:49:24 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 12:13 AM, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 5:58 AM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
>> Please note that the dialog package itself, is a mere 170k.
>> As such, even the ncurses package alone, weighing in at 1300k, is considerable.
>> Piling on another 1500k for the ncurses-pulled terminfo package, puts
>> things way over the top.
>
> It's not that I don't welcome your suggestions and personal views but
> this is what I want to release.

Okay. As "release manager", I respect that you do not wish to maintain
two packages rather than one. The package is
"virtually" accepted, on principle.

I havent pushed it just yet, because it would be silly to release it
now, and then re-release depending on the answer to the following
question.

Speaking as "just another maintainer", would you please be willing to
make a very minor mod to your package, and make /opt/csw/bin/dialog be
under alternatives? I plan to make a native-curses package of dialog,
and it would be cleaner to have integration that way.