[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs dialog

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Feb 4 19:46:49 CET 2011

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Fri Feb 04 12:49:24 -0500 2011:

Hi Phil,

> Speaking as "just another maintainer", would you please be willing
> to make a very minor mod to your package, and make
> /opt/csw/bin/dialog be under alternatives? I plan to make a
> native-curses package of dialog, and it would be cleaner to have
> integration that way.

This is a generous offer and I think Peter would make this change.

This could very simply be handled with GAR modulations though so that
both packages can be built at every update from the same source, at
the same time.  I'm willing to lend support to this effort if Peter
would accept it?

The benefit to doing it like this is that we get to keep the build
recipe all in one place.

[Note: I have no personal interest in either version of this package,
I just want to keep the build descriptions as clean and coherent as
possible.]

Thanks
-Ben
--